Friday, October 2, 2009

SHE LEFT SIX CHILDREN

Quincy Daily Herald October 1, 1895

Peoria Mother Elopes and Comes to Quincy

Her Husband Sends a Letter to Marshal Reagan Requesting, His Assistance is Bringing Her to Justice

In his mall this morning Marshal Reagan received the following letter:

Peoria, ill., Sept. 29 —Mr. Captain- I would like to ask you to look for a man and woman that come there last Monday to run a House of ill fame & saloon. They are living together. The woman is my wife and she hasn't got a divorce from me yet and they are living together as man and wife I understand and now I wish you would search your city and find them and look them both up and let me know as soon as possible and I will come to help prosecute them. I think they had ought to be put through, she is a mother of six children, and she is about five feet tall, black hair, dark eyes, weight about 150 lb, dark complexion, dressed in black when on the street, when around the house a pink rapper trimmed with black lace. I will send you, a picture of her so you can tell about how she looks. Her right name is Molly A. Pulsipher. I understand she goes by the name of Anna Smith. The man she is living with is a heavy set, dark hair, five feet and one half tall. You will find them around a house of ill fame and I would like to have you attend to it at once and let me know at once if they are there for I think such people need looking after. His name is Cody. If they are not there please find out where they went if you can and Oblige me by doing so Please answer and return Pulsipher 517-519 Fulton St Peoria Ill.

The street number given is identical with that of the Empire livery stable of Peoria, and the letter is written on note paper bearing the printed card of the stables. Mr. Pulsipher Is probably employed there. The marshal will endeavor to locate the run away couple. The photograph enclosed in the letter shows the woman in the case to be a buxom, with hands the size of Blomor & Michael's hams. Cody either did not choose her for her winsome appearance or else has decidedly peculiar Ideas of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online